- Academic Affairs
- Administration and Finance
- Center for Health and Homeland Security
- Center for Information Technology Services
- Communications and Public Affairs
- Development and Alumni Relations
- Government Affairs
- Human Resource Services
- Office of Community Engagement
- Operations and Planning
- Office of the President
- Police and Public Safety
- Research and Development
- University Counsel
Federal Work-Study Employment, through Federal government funding, provides eligible students with the opportunity to work on or off campus and earn funds as an alternative to loan debt.
For more information about Federal Work-Study Employment, click here.
Orientation & Forms
Please note that Federal Work-Study Students can hold only one position.
- Only students who are awarded FWS Funds can participate in the FWS Program.
- Students must complete a FWS Job Certification and have it signed by the supervisor before they begin working.
- A new FWS Student must complete a payroll packet before they begin to work.
- Students will not receive their first paycheck for 4 to 6 weeks after all of the payroll documents listed below have been completed properly. Incorrect, incomplete, or missing payroll documents will delay the processing time.
FWS students must complete a Payroll Packet. All forms must be completed in black ink. Documents can be obtained online or in the SFAE office. Students are not permitted to work until a completed Payroll Packet has been submitted to the SFAE office. Missing or incomplete documents will prevent the student from starting to work.
- 2017 W-4 Form - Effective January 1, 2017
- 2017 W-4 Instructions
- Maryland Form MW507 Instructions
- 2017 W-4 Form (DC Resident)
- Contingent I Student Agreement
- Direct Deposit Form
- Federal Work Study Employee Supplemental Data Form
- Federal Work Study Information Sheet
- I-9 Form - Please complete this form online and print out the generated receipt. This receipt must be hand delivered to the SFAE office.
Non-U.S. Citizens must complete the following additional forms:
Central Payroll Bureau (CPB) Online Service Center
The CPB no longer prints the direct deposit pay advice for distribution to employees. To print a copy of your Direct Deposit Pay Advice, Previous Pay Stubs, or Duplicate W-2 data, please access the CPB here.
First time users are required to execute the Sign Up process. This requires some personalized data and unique information found on your most recent pay stubs. This process will help you generate a Logon ID and Password that will be used each subsequent time you access the Payroll Online Service Center (POSC).
The Central Payroll Bureau (CPB) online service provides:
- Online view and print of 12 rolling months of most recent pay stub information
- Online view and print of year end (prior year) pay stub information
- Ability to eliminate the Central Payroll Bureau print copy of your pay advice
- Duplicate W2 data for the most recent (3) reporting years
- If using Direct Deposit, ability to reverse decision for Web only access vs printed pay stub information
- Online submission of Address Updates
- Online submission of Direct Deposit Updates
- Online submission of W-4 Withholding Updates