- Academic Affairs
- Administration and Finance
- Center for Health and Homeland Security
- Center for Information Technology Services
- Communications and Public Affairs
- Development and Alumni Relations
- Government Affairs
- Human Resource Services
- Office of Community Engagement
- Operations and Planning
- Office of the President
- Police and Public Safety
- Research and Development
- University Counsel
The Wellness Fellows are students representing the different schools of the University. They coordinate activities among student groups and various offices of UMB and most importantly plan and deliver programs focused on wellness and academic-life balance. Fellows learn how to effectively deliver interdisciplinary health promotion programs and evaluate the outcomes of their work.
The Wellness Fellows will assist with daily operations, communications, programming, and research for the Wellness and Academic Life Balance program within Campus Life Services. The Fellows will report directly to the Program Specialist of the Wellness Hub. Fellows will work under minimal direct supervision and exercise a high level of independent judgment, initiative, and creativity. Fellows must be self-starters and pro-active workers to be compatible with this position.
Preferred Skills & Experience
Previous knowledge/experience with any of the following: Strong written and communication skills, event services, program planning and evaluation, social media administration, maternal and child health support, excellent time management, ability to work independently and in team settings.
Scope of Duties
- Hold office hours for the designated focus area at least 3 hours a week between the hours of 8:30 a.m. -5 p.m.
- Office hours are to be used for filling out and updating program worksheets, preparing materials for promoting events, and coordinating with outside speakers and organizations, among other immediate tasks delegated by the Program Specialist
- Assist with the development and implementation of Wellness Hub programs
- Promote coaching service and assist staff in scheduling and communications with stakeholders in service
- Develop programs and submit them to the Campus Life Weekly and the Campus Life Calendar with at least three weeks’ notice
- Schedule regular meetings with the Program Specialist to assist in program development and gain approval for your proposed programs
- Coordinate schedules for guests and staff involved in programming
- Increase visibility, program participation of Wellness Hub programs and services
- Assist with sustained marketing efforts via social media websites and University listservs
- Assist the Program Specialist in the day-to-day operations of the Wellness Hub
- Assist in finding research and journal articles about wellness and academic-life balance and relevant topics in the field
- Responsible for in-house completion of survey data from program evaluations, focus groups, additional surveys, etc, to identify needs of current stakeholders and assess the effectiveness of the department’s programming
- Independently responsible for updating departmental events on the Campus Life calendar and social media sites
- Communicate effectively and respond to emails and phone calls as soon as possible and no longer than 24 hours. Must provide 48 hours notice of time off except for cases of emergency
- Work collaboratively with other areas in the division.
- Attend scheduled Wellness Fellows meetings. Please come prepared to share a status report on your activities and be ready with items to discuss
- Assist other Fellows in the planning and execution of their programs. If leading a program, send reminders emails to those who have volunteered to help and include clear instructions. If helping at a program it is your responsibility to be there and if you are unable you must find a substitute.
Knowledge and skills derived from experience:
- Program planning, execution, and evaluation
- Administrative operations
- Research methods
- Assist in supervision and enforcement of appropriate programs and services
- Develop and maintain cooperative relationships with other university departments and the community via campus involvement through university, Campus Life Services and departmental committees and task forces.