URecFit Open Recreation
The Pratt Gymnasium offers a wide variety of equipment and space for informal recreation. Located one floor above the fitness floor, they gym is comprised of a 1/10th of a mile elevated running track, 2 basketball courts, 2 badminton courts, 2 conversion racquet courts and a strength and conditioning room equipped with heavy weights.
Badminton & Racquet Court Reservations
Tired of waiting for a court? Reserve one! The gym has two racquetball/squash conversion courts and two badminton Courts. Court reservations can be made by visiting the equipment desk in the Pratt Gymnasium or by calling (410) 706-7528.
- Reservations must be made the day of and are limited to 1 hour per person per day.
- Reservations can be made on the hour or half hour.
- Members with court reservations will have priority for the court at the time of their reservation.
- If a member is not present within 10 minutes of the start of their reservation, then the reservation is forfeited and the court will be opened up for drop in play.
- Racquet courts may also be reserved for indoor soccer skill practice and handling.
Pick Up Volleyball & Indoor Soccer
Are you a volleyball or soccer enthusiast? Come during pick up hours! All nets are on a first come first serve basis. Volleyball is set up on Mondays from 6:30pm-8:30pm. Indoor Soccer is set up on Fridays from 5:30 p.m. - 7:30 p.m. Pick up times may change in the event of a special court reservation or for Intramural Sports events. Call the equipment desk at (410) 706-7528 to confirm pickup times.
Partner Request Program
Searching for a new opponent? Trying out a new sport? Join our Partner Request mailing list. Members can sign up for our Partner Request Program at the equipment desk in the Pratt Gym. Members will receive an email list of other members with the same sport interest. This is a great way to improve your skills, old or new.
Room 415 is open for use when not utilized by a Group Exercise class or reservation. Check the schedule on the door to Room 415 for available times. The following equipment is available for use in Room 415:
- Yoga mats, blankets, blocks and bands
- Pilates equipment
- Weighted hand held bars
The pool has open lap swimming and in addition the following equipment is available for recreational use:
- Pull Buoys
- Hand Paddles
- Aqua Gloves
- Foam Barbells and Dumbbells
- Ankle Floats
- Aqua Fitness Belts/Aqua Joggers