Event Planning Frequently Asked Questions
1. Can my group have non-members attend or watch our event?
Yes, non-members are permitted to participate in your event. They must sign a waiver at the check-in desk on the 4th floor before participating or spectating. Event organizers are responsible for making sure all participants and spectators abide by all the policies.
2. Are children under 18 years of age permitted to participate or watch our event?
URecFit is an adult facility, minors are prohibited. Events that include minors will be reviewed on case by case basis.
3. Can we collect registration fees in the rental space?
Groups are permitted to collect registration fees provided their money handling process has been approved by the Assistant Director of Sports Programs. Dependent upon the amount of money expected, the group may be required to pay for a security officer to be present during the collection process.
4. Can we have 50/50 raffles and door prizes as part of our event to raise money?
Groups are not permitted to conduct any sort of gaming as part of their event. This includes 50/50 raffles, selling raffle tickets, selling scratchoffs, door prizes, etc.
5. Who can reserve space within URecFit?
Recognized student groups, academic departments, URecFit members, students, UMB faculty and staff and UMB departments can reserve space. Rental rates and equipment fees may apply.
6. How can I advertise my event to increase participation?
The event planning checklist is designed to help all our reservations have a smooth event. It includes ideas on how to advertise, organize and plan your event.
7. We'd like to have food present for our participants, what are the restrictions on food?
All groups are permitted to have food during their event provided space and timing permit. Non-student groups must coordinate all food with Culinart, the exclusive caterer of the SMC Campus Center. Student groups/events can use Culinart or another food vendor if they wish.