- Academic Affairs
- Administration and Finance
- Center for Health and Homeland Security
- Center for Information Technology Services
- Communications and Public Affairs
- Development and Alumni Relations
- Government Affairs
- Human Resource Services
- Office of Community Engagement
- Operations and Planning
- Office of the President
- Police and Public Safety
- Research and Development
- University Counsel
Scholarship Available for the Association of College Unions International (ACUI) 2017 Women's Leadership Institute
The ACUI will host its annual women’s leadership institute for women of all ages to come together to learn and network with one another, form a stronger community in the college and university environment, and become empowered to pursue higher-level positions within their respective fields. The program is co-produced by members of the Council for Higher Education Management Association.
Held on December 3 through 6, 2017, at the Ritz-Carlton Amelia Island near Jacksonville, Fl, this institute is the premier program for university women leaders. The program is held at a resort-style location to maximize learning and minimize distractions, and is designed for women who aspire to new leadership positions on campus. The institute features a curriculum with an overall focus on building the next generation of leaders in higher education administration and student affairs.
The program will bring together administrators from several university functions to help you:
- Hone your leadership skills in a rapidly changing environment
- Develop a better understanding of the university as a workplace and culture
- Share experiences with others about how universities are adapting and adjusting to the new reality
- Create new personal networks and networking skills to better tap into the higher ed community
UMBrella is offering one scholarship to attend the three and a half-day conference.* Please submit your application and also a one-page letter of interest detailing:
- Why you would like to attend the leadership institute and what you hope to gain personally and professionally by attending
- Your leadership experience to date
- Your school/unit affiliation (School of Pharmacy, Office of Academic Affairs, etc.)
Submissions will be reviewed by the UMBrella advisory board. For further information about the conference, please visit the ACUI Women's Leadership Institute website. If you have any questions, please contact us by email. The application deadline is July 24, 2017, at noon EST.
* The scholarship will cover conference registration fees, airfare, and lodging. You must obtain your supervisor’s approval to accept this scholarship. You must also write a reflection piece upon completion of the institute and submit it to The UMBrella Group.
The UMB Roundtable on Empowerment in Leadership and Leveraging Aspirations (UMBrella) is a group that helps women achieve their potential, find their voices, and feel empowered. UMBrella works to support the success of women, advance women into leadership roles at UMB, and champion women at all levels of our organization.