- Academic Affairs
- Administration and Finance
- Center for Health and Homeland Security
- Center for Information Technology Services
- Communications and Public Affairs
- Development and Alumni Relations
- Government Affairs
- Human Resource Services
- Office of Community Engagement
- Operations and Planning
- Office of the President
- Police and Public Safety
- Research and Development
- University Counsel
Approval for pre-award spending (sometimes known as a "temporary account") may be requested on an project where there is a very high likelihood that the award will be made. Pre-award spending means that the chartstring will be set up before we receive an award from the sponsor. Pre-award spending is recommended so that payroll and effort for project investigators and staff will be charged to the correct Project ID.
Instructions for Completing the PreAward Spending Account Form
The proposed project must be routed before a Preaward Project ID can be set up. The Preaward Spending Request form may be uploaded to the proposal.
- New = the anticipated award is for a new project that has not been previously funded.
- Continuation/Renewal = the anticipated award is a competing or non-competing continuation of an existing project and a new Project ID is required. New Project IDs are required when a financial report is required annually and/or carryforward requests need sponsor approval.
- Extension of Project ID = the anticipated award is a non-competing continuation or no-cost extension of an existing project that does not require a new Project ID.
Project Information: Please complete all of the required information.
Intent to Fund Information: Please complete all of the required information. You must either click on the “Correspondence of intent to award the project has been received” or the “Verbal Communication has been received”. In each case you must provide the information required.
PI Signature: The Principal Investigator must sign and date this form in order for the request to be processed.
Guarantee: You must complete this entire section. If not completed, your Project ID will not be set up.The Department Chair signature and date is required.
After the award is received, the same Project ID is updated with award information.