- Academic Affairs
- Administration and Finance
- Center for Health and Homeland Security
- Center for Information Technology Services
- Communications and Public Affairs
- Development and Alumni Relations
- Government Affairs
- Human Resource Services
- Office of Community Engagement
- Operations and Planning
- Office of the President
- Police and Public Safety
- Research and Development
- University Counsel
Photos will only be accepted online, at umaryland.edu/snap, starting Sept. 8, 2017, and ending Oct. 31, 2017.
- The contest is open to UMB faculty, staff, and students; BioPark employees; and UMMC employees. The following are not eligible to enter: UMB Communications and Public Affairs staff and contest organizers and judges.
- You may submit as often as you like, but only one photo per submission.
- Photos must have been taken by the entrants, and may not have been published or previously sold. Entrants must own the rights to the photographs.
- Photos will be judged on technical quality (including focus, color, and contrast, with consideration given to artistic intent) as well as on creativity, artistic merit, adherence to the categories to which they were entered, and format requirements. Technical quality may be enhanced with Photoshop or similar programs, but excessive use of such enhancement may disqualify a photo at the judges’ discretion.
- The judges may disqualify photos that they consider offensive in any way, or that they determine to be harmful to UMB or contrary to the University’s mission.
- The number of winners, and possible honorable mentions, will be at the discretion of the judges based on the number and quality of entries. The first place winner will recieve a $25 gift certificate redeemable for store credit at the UMB Seven Scholars University Store, and all winning photos will be displayed in the Fireplace Lounge at the University’s SMC Campus Center from Dec. 1, 2017, through Feb. 24, 2017. Display of winning photos depends on availability of space in the gallery. If the judges determine that no photos are worthy of recognition, there will be no winners.
- Entrants agree to permit the University of Maryland, Baltimore and its divisions and programs to display and publish their photos in print or electronic form without payment. The University of Maryland, Baltimore and its divisions and programs also reserve the right to use photos for future publication and promotional purposes.
- For photographs in which people are recognizable, entrants should secure and maintain model releases. Download the Snap! UMB Photo Contest 2017 Model Release.
- No purchase is necessary to enter or win. All federal, state, local, and municipal laws and regulations apply, void where prohibited.
2016 Contest Theme: UMB, Baltimore, and Beyond
Do you have inspiring images of the UMB campus? How about a great snapshot from your summer vacation? Photos of life in Baltimore? Pics of your pet? We want your photos of the campus, the city, and the entire world. Send them in! (Please see the contest rules at umaryland.edu/snap. Model releases are required for photos of people in some instances. Photos of patients, or any photos taken in health care facilities, are not allowed.)
Photos will be accepted in two camera formats:
Higher quality, high-resolution photos, usually taken with a regular camera. Images may be in any format (square or rectilinear), but final dimensions must be no larger than 16" X 20" for the final print. Resolution must be no less than 150 pixels per inch (ppi). File size must be no greater than 10 megabytes.
Lower resolution photos, such as those taken with standard cell phones. Images may be in any format (square or rectilinear), but final dimensions must be no larger than 16" X 20" for the final print. Resolution must be no less than 150 pixels per inch (ppi). File size must be no greater than 10 megabytes.