- Academic Affairs
- Administration and Finance
- Center for Health and Homeland Security
- Center for Information Technology Services
- Communications and Public Affairs
- Community Engagement
- Government Affairs
- Human Resource Services
- Office of Philanthropy
- Operations and Planning
- Police and Public Safety
- President's Office
- Research and Development
- University Counsel
Letters to the UMB Community
Board of Regents’ Staff Awards
I am happy to announce the Board of Regents’ Staff Awards process has begun. The Staff Awards represent the highest honor bestowed by the Board of Regents for achievements of exempt and nonexempt staff employees from institutions within the University System of Maryland.
If you know a co-worker who goes above and beyond and is worthy of a nomination, please nominate him/her. You do not need to be a supervisor or a manager in order to nominate an individual. The awards are presented to staff employees who have demonstrated excellence in one of the following categories:
- Exceptional contribution to the institution and/or unit to which the person belongs
- Outstanding service to students in an academic or residential environment
- Extraordinary public service to the University or greater community
- Effectiveness and efficiency regarding an academic or administrative transformation with savings of $10,000 or more
There will be two awards given in each of the above categories—one for exempt staff and one for nonexempt staff—for a total of eight awards. The winners will receive a $1,000 stipend as well as a plaque.
I know our University community has many exceptional employees who should be recognized for their various contributions. I encourage everyone to please review the award packet and nominate our worthy staff members for this prestigious award. It would be a great honor for UMB to have one winner—if not more.
Award nomination packets are due by Friday, Jan. 8, 2016, and can be sent to Riham Keryakos. Thank you to the UMB Staff Senate Board of Regents’ Committee for its efforts to recognize our employees and co-workers who are worthy of this prestigious honor.
Please do your part by nominating an outstanding employee today.
Jay A. Perman, MD