- Academic Affairs
- Administration and Finance
- Center for Health and Homeland Security
- Center for Information Technology Services
- Communications and Public Affairs
- Office of Philanthropy
- Government Affairs
- Human Resource Services
- Office of Community Engagement
- Operations and Planning
- Office of the President
- Police and Public Safety
- Research and Development
- University Counsel
Environmental Health and Safety (EHS)
Mandatory Annual Laboratory Safety Training
Register for annual laboratory safety training, which includes training on bloodborne pathogens, laboratory chemical safety, and hazardous waste.
This instruction applies to employees, students, or volunteers reasonably anticipated to have laboratory duties at a UMB facility. This includes assigned work, volunteer tasks, academic programs and practicum experiences.
Training is to be completed at initial assignment to tasks where occupational exposure may occur and repeated every twelve months. Annual laboratory training is offered in the classroom or online and includes the following modules: Bloodborne Pathogens, Laboratory Chemical Safety, and Hazardous Waste.
Register for annual laboratory safety training online.
- Register online through the MyEHS portal.
- After completing training, complete the course exam.
- Training records will be retained through MyEHS. To review records see Review EHS Training Management System Employee Records Procedure.
Register for annual laboratory safety training in the EHS classroom
- Classroom Training Registration is through the EHS training website.
- Training records will be retained through MyEHS. To review records see Review EHS Training Management System Records Procedure.