- Academic Affairs
- Administration and Finance
- Center for Health and Homeland Security
- Center for Information Technology Services
- Communications and Public Affairs
- Community Engagement
- Government Affairs
- Human Resource Services
- Office of Philanthropy
- Operations and Planning
- Police and Public Safety
- President's Office
- Research and Development
- University Counsel
Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) Procedures
Enrolling in UMB Respiratory Program
Enroll and receive training in UMB’s Respiratory Protection Program.
This instruction applies to employees who are required to wear respirators during normal work operations at the University of Maryland, Baltimore (UMB). All costs associated with the medical approval and purchasing of respirators is the responsibility of the employee’s department.
UMB’s Respiratory Protection Program is designed to protect employees by establishing accepted practices for respirator use, providing guidelines for training and respirator selection, and explaining proper storage, use and care of respirators. This program also serves to ensure comply with Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) respiratory protection requirements as found in 29 CFR 1910.134.
For more information, please see the EHS’s Respiratory Protection Program website.
- To enroll contact EHS at 6-7055 for an initial evaluation.
- After the initial evaluation EHS will conduct a workplace assessment to ensure the proper type of respiratory protection is provided. EHS will contact the appropriate parties for additional information.
- After the EHS inquiry is complete, EHS can issue an approval with conditions to address the specific respiratory needs appropriate for the assessed situation.
- EHS will then schedule initial fit test if necessary and provide additional appropriate training.
- EHS will contact department for yearly review.