For Emergencies Phone
711 or 410 706-3333.
TTD/TTY: 410 706-3416
x6-6882 or 410 706-6882.
Move the mouse pointer over the scrolling crime alerts area below to pause the scrolling below. Also viewable as a non-scrolling page or by smartphones at this link.
In compliance with the "Timely Notice" provisions of the federal Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act of 1998 the University Police are giving notice of an incident that was reported to have occurred.
At this time there are no Crime Alerts.
Campus Safety Tips
- Report any and ALL suspicious activity to the Police immediately.
- Travel in groups when possible.
- Avoid contact with unknown and suspicious people.
- Utilize the Campus Shuttle & Public Transportation.
- Be mindful of your surroundings and where to park
- Don't use your cell or I-phone while walking.
- Travel in well lighted areas.
- Use the Department of Public Safety’s escort service by calling ext. 6-6882 from a campus phone or 410-706-6882.
- Park in Well Lit Areas, Utilize Campus Parking Facilities.
- Don't resist, "Give up your property-not your life".
- Don't put yourself in the position to become a victim.
Anyone with information or having any knowledge of any incidents is asked to call the University Police Criminal Division at 410.706.3573.
End of Crime Alerts
These crime alerts will repeat.
Crime and Internal Affairs Stats
As required by the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act; the following statistics are published for your information. In order to find out more campus information required by these laws see our frequently asked questions. Since the University of Maryland Police Force has concurrent jurisdiction with the Baltimore Police; both department's statistics in our boundaries have been combined.
Note that our Internal Affairs Report follows the crime statistics section below.
To view the complete crime statistics on campus see the pages numbered 8 through 11 on our UM Annual Clery Campus Report.
Internal Affairs Annual Report
2013 Internal Affairs Annual Report (Adobe Reader PDF) 22 KB
2012 Internal Affairs Annual Report (Adobe Reader PDF) 9 KB
2011 Internal Affairs Annual Report (Adobe Reader PDF) 12 KB
2010 Internal Affairs Annual Report (Adobe Reader PDF) 12 KB
2007 Internal Affairs Annual Report (Adobe Reader PDF) 10 KB
University of Maryland Police Force personel should always conduct themselves with courtesy and professionalism. If you wish to bring the performance of any agency employee to the attention of the Chief of Police, please fill out our online Compliments and Complaints form.
We encourage you to report positive as well as negative comments.