For Emergencies Phone
711 or 410 706-3333.
TTD/TTY: 410 706-3416
x6-6882 or 410 706-6882.
Move the mouse pointer over the scrolling crime alerts area below to pause the scrolling below. Also viewable as a non-scrolling page or by smartphones at this link.
In compliance with the "Timely Notice" provisions of the federal Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act of 1998 the University Police are giving notice of an incident that was reported to have occurred.
At this time there are no Crime Alerts.
Campus Safety Tips
- Report any and ALL suspicious activity to the Police immediately.
- Travel in groups when possible.
- Avoid contact with unknown and suspicious people.
- Utilize the Campus Shuttle & Public Transportation.
- Be mindful of your surroundings and where to park
- Don't use your cell or I-phone while walking.
- Travel in well lighted areas.
- Use the Department of Public Safety’s escort service by calling ext. 6-6882 from a campus phone or 410-706-6882.
- Park in Well Lit Areas, Utilize Campus Parking Facilities.
- Don't resist, "Give up your property-not your life".
- Don't put yourself in the position to become a victim.
Anyone with information or having any knowledge of any incidents is asked to call the University Police Criminal Division at 410.706.3573.
End of Crime Alerts
These crime alerts will repeat.
UM Police Officers
- Vested with full police authority under the Annotated Code of Maryland, Education Article, Section 13-601.
- Have concurrent jurisdiction and enforcement authority with Baltimore Police.
- Trained according to the guidelines established by the Maryland Police Training Commission.
- Actively patrol on foot and in conspicuously marked police vehicles, 24 hours-a-day, 7 days-a-week.
- For more information see our history.
- Recruitment opportunity.
UM Security Officers
- Personnel who monitor pedestrian traffic in and out of buildings, including screening for appropriate identification or University Photo ID.
- Check parcels carried out of campus buildings and requesting to see the required Property Removal Form.
Police Communication Operators
- Located at front desk of the Pine Street Police Station 24 hours-a-day, seven days a week for emergency or non-emergency situations. Monitor fire alarms and card access system.
- Emergency: x711 or 410 / 706-3333 (fire, assault, robbery, etc.)
- Non-emergency: x6-6882 or 410 / 706-6882 (escorts, general information, lost or missing property, etc.
Criminal Investigation Division
- University Police Detectives are assigned to this division.
- Follow-up on reports if further investigation is required.
- Conduct applicant background investigations of candidates applying for police and security positions.
- Call 410 / 706-5547 or alternate 410 /706-5548 between 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM to setup an appointment.
- Fingerprinting will be done from 10 AM to 1 PM on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
- By appointment only.
- All parties must bring the following items with them prior to being fingerprinted: Drivers License/State Identification check availability of an officer.
- Fee: $20 per card per person; payable by check, money order, or EUMB billing form. Checks can be made payable to University of Maryland. Must bring a fingerprint card.
- Police Report Requests: Call 410 / 706-6882 to obtain a police report. Fee: $20.00; check made payable to University of Maryland.
- Hot Line for tips on crime: 410 / 706-4590.