- Academic Affairs
- Administration and Finance
- Center for Health and Homeland Security
- Center for Information Technology Services
- Communications and Public Affairs
- Community Engagement
- Government Affairs
- Human Resource Services
- Office of Philanthropy
- Operations and Planning
- Police and Public Safety
- President's Office
- Research and Development
- University Counsel
The benefits of carpooling are clear - save money, wear and tear on your car, and reduce your carbon emissions! Check out what the Office of Parking and Transportation has to offer.
- Carpool at least four times per week
- Share one parking permit with a designated driver (participants may share driving responsibilities)
- Carpools should be comprised of three or more riders
All participants in the carpool must return their parking permits to the Cashiers Office at the SMC Campus Center, Lower Level, Room 002D, in order for the designated driver to receive the carpool permit and access card(s) for the group.
- Annual prizes such as movie tickets and car wash coupons
- Access to 12 courtesy parking passes per group
- Access to limited CarPool parking spaces at designated garages
- Reduces carbon footprint
- Reduces traffic congestion
- Reduces stress of driving
- Improves overall quality of life
PTS will not be involved in the financial agreements of any carpools. Financial responsibility belongs to carpool members.
A carpool cannot include a car owner and non-car owner. The purpose of the program is to reduce the number of cars on the road and traffic congestion.
Courtesy Parking Passes
Each carpool group will receive 12 courtesy parking passes for the days riders drive alone. You must park at a designated garage (Saratoga, Penn, Baltimore Grand, or Pearl garages) in an unreserved parking space.
For additional courtesy parking passes, contact Tony Green.
New members may be added to the group at anytime, as long as new members have a current monthly parking permit.
An individual may opt out of a carpool program at any time. The participant must return their unused courtesy parking passes to PTS. To obtain parking, the participant opting out will need to contact the department liaison and may be put on a waiting list.
The carpool group will have two weeks to replace the participant or relinquish their reserved carpool space.
Have a question? Check out our FAQs.