Prospective Students

College Sign

Admissions Standards

International Students who require F-1 or J-1 visa sponsorship to attend the University of Maryland must demonstrate English Proficiency and Financial Responsibility before ...

Learn more →

Study Books

Applying to UM

To apply to the University of Maryland, click on the links below to visit each school's admissions pages ...

Learn more →

International Currency

Cost of Attendance

Proof of Financial Support must be given to the OIS before any I-20 or DS-2019 can be processed. F-1 Students are required to show ...

Learn more →

Girl with Books

Transferring Schools

Students currently in the U.S. as F-1 or J-1 students at another college or university must make arrangements with their current school’s international office to ...

Learn more →

A big class room

Newly Admitted Students

After the school informs the OIS of your acceptance, you will be contacted by an International Advisor from our office to complete our ...

Learn more →


FAQ for New Students

What are the differences between F and J student status?  What is the SEVIS fee?  How do I obtain a visa?  How do I ...

Learn more →