Forms and Resources
** We update our forms frequently. Please do not save the forms on your computer for reuse. Download the most recent version when you need it. Thank you! **
- International Student Transfer Out Form (pdf) for F-1 and J-1 students transferring from UM to another institution.
- Student Extension Request Form (pdf) for F-1 and J-1 students who require more time to complete their degree programs.
- Student Part-Time Enrollment Authorization Form (pdf) for F-1 and J-1 students to request authorization to enroll for less than full-time for one semester.
- F-1 Student Transfer In Form (pdf) for F-1 students currently attending a U.S. school.
- CPT Request Form (pdf) for F-1 students to request Curricular Practical Training employment authorization.
- OPT Request Form (pdf) for F-1 students to request Optional Practical Training employment authorization.
- OPT STEM Extension Request Form (pdf) for those already on OPT to request a 17-month STEM extension.
- OPT Reporting Form(pdf) for those already on OPT to report changes in employment to the OIS.
- J-1 Scholar Request Instructions (pdf)
- J-1 Scholar Request Form (pdf)
- J-1 Extension/Amendment Request Form (pdf)
- J-1 Student Intern Request Form (pdf)
- J-1 Program Transfer In Form (pdf) for J-1 Exchange Visitors already in a J program under another sponsor.
- H-1B Request Form - Department (pdf) for hiring departments.
- H-1B Request Form - Employee (pdf) for the employee.
- Instructions for TN Employees (pdf) on obtaining TN status.
General Forms & Resources
- Visiting Scientist/Scholar Agreement (link) downloads and instructions (questions about this form should be directed to Janet Simons in the Office of Research and Development)
- HR's forms (link) including the Change in Status form (pdf)
- International Scholar Handbook (pdf)
- Prearrival Guide for International Students website
- Notice of Departure (pdf) for students or scholars in F-1 or J-1 status
- Family and Friend Visit Request Form for invitation letters (fill out once for each visitor) - processing may take up to two business days. This service is only available to students and scholars on UM-sponsored visas.
- eShip Global Shipping Instructions (pdf)