International Student Mentor Program
The Office of International Services is pleased to introduce the International Student Mentor Program which will connect incoming international students with continuing international students who are studying in similar academic programs. Learn more below or go straight to the sign up form.
Information for Potential Mentors
Mentors are expected to:
- Email the incoming student(s) prior to the beginning of the semester
- Meet the incoming student(s) at the International Student Orientation (Wednesday, August 14th 5:00-7:00pm)
- Arrange to meet with mentees a few times throughout the semester
- Respond in a timely manner to mentees
- Report your feedback to the OIS
- Share your experiences and methods for overcoming challenges
- Refer any immigration or visa questions to the OIS
If you are interested in being a mentor, sign-up today!
Information for Incoming Students
If you are starting at UMB for your first semester, you are eligible to request a mentor. Mentors will assist you with your acclimation to the U.S. and UMB. Applications for Fall 2013 will be accepted until July 15.