Kuali Coeus at UMB
Kuali Coeus User Resources
Resources to help Kuali Coeus Users at UMB
Information for users is organized by category. Instructions, hints and tools will be added over time.
- Across-the-Board: Items applicable throughout the system, including Searching and "Quick Tips"
- Proposal details: Getting started, performance sites and other organizations
- Budgets: Budget instructions and important tips
- Attachments: Instructions and special grants.gov forms
- Certify or Approve: PI certification and approval; 5-minute tutorial for approvers
- Validation-Errors-Warnings: How to check for proposal errors, and tips on error messages
Latest advice and hints:
The technical team is continuing to adjust Kuali Coeus configurations to work best for UMB, in particular regarding responsiveness and attachment issues. In addition, we are working on the approval workflow, which does not always progress in a logical manner. Please continue to contact your SPA team with questions and concerns as we move forward.
- Internet Explorer 10 (IE10): Do not use this version of IE. There have been many issues including "missing data". IE9 and IE11 can be used.
- Protocol number (Special Review tab): Do not use spaces or special characters in the Protocol Number. Dashes - are OK.
- Logging out: Are you using the IE browser? If you are, you will need to manually remove the cookies from your browser before someone else can log into Kuali Coeus using your machine. If you are using FireFox or Chrome, you will need to Quit (close) the browser completely, then re-open it before someone else can use your machine.
- Address Book edits and new entries must be done centrally. The "permissions" that allow a user to create a new Address Book entry are so very different than the Coeus Rolodex permissions that we must restrict this role to specified users. Please use the Address Book Entry Request for new or updated entries.
- Attachment names must not contain any spaces or special characters. Example: UniversityOfMaryland2014.pdf
- Descriptions: We keep finding character limits related to descriptions, including the Description field for a budget line item, the Budget Version name, even department/division names. Please limit your data entry in fields of this type to 30 characters or fewer. We will continue to keep track of findings and add related tips and advice.
Help with Kuali Coeus software questions: In addition to the resources in this section, look for the in-application help icon within your Kuali Coeus proposal. This icon links to an online manual that, though not UMB-specific, provides context-sensitive detail about the software. If you still need assistance, please contact your department administrator or your SPA team.
Assistance with Proposal Development: If you have a proposal question that is not directly related to Kuali Coeus such as Sponsor application guidelines or preparing a proposal budget, go to the SPA website, or contact your department administrator or your SPA team.
Technical Help: Contact DL-CITS COEUS Report A Problem and identify the Proposal # (preferred) or document number when reporting a technical issue.
The ASC Help Desk is also available to address technical, password, portal, and system access issues. Phone: 410-706-HELP