- Academic Affairs
- Administration and Finance
- Center for Health and Homeland Security
- Center for Information Technology Services
- Communications and Public Affairs
- Development and Alumni Relations
- Government Affairs
- Human Resource Services
- Office of Community Engagement
- Operations and Planning
- Office of the President
- Police and Public Safety
- Research and Development
- University Counsel
Information required to save a new proposal:
1. Proposal Type
2. Lead Unit: Once selected and saved in a proposal, the Lead Unit cannot be changed.
- The Lead Unit selected for the proposal must be the PI's department where they hold their academic appointment.
- If the PI is in a Center, check the Key Personnel tab, PI's Unit Details panel. Add the Center if it is missing.
3. Activity Type: This selection, along with the sponsor type, drives the F&A rate that is applied to your proposal budget. The activity type affects the questionnaires associated with your proposal. The activity types for corporate-funded proposals assure that the proposal correctly routes for approvals in the Center for Clinical Trials and Corporate Contracts (CCT).
4. Sponsor Code: If your sponsor is not in the Sponsor Look-up, request a new Sponsor using the Address Request
5. Project Start Date
6. Project End Date
8. Performance sites: At least one performance site must be entered under the Organization/Location panel, Performance Sites subpanel. Performance Sites are locations other than proposed subrecipients where investigators will perform project work. The building address is sufficient - more detail such as room number is not needed.
List UMB locations here. Also list other organization addresses here if no subaward funds are requested for the other organization - an address for a non-UMB person is acceptable since the person's name, email and phone do not show when the Performance Sites form is printed.
To search for UMB sites in Kuali Coeus: in the Address Book search, enter UMB in the Last Name field. The On- and Off-Campus Buildings spreadsheet lists the Address Book ID for commonly used performance sites.
The Congressional District is a required field for Federal grant submissions. Performance sites in the area on and close to campus should use MD-007. For other sites, use the 9-digit zip code to search for the Congressional District. To enter the congressional district,
- Open the Congressional Districts sub-panel
- Select the State
- Enter the district (3 digits; example: 007)
- Click the Add button to the right of the sub-panel
- Save proposal
Other information on the Proposal Details tab
Sponsor Deadline Date: Enter the date the proposal is due. If UMB will be a subrecipient on a proposal, enter the date the proposal is needed by the prime applicant.
Other Organizations: Universities and other collaborating organizations participating as subrecipients. All subrecipients must be listed here. If your collaborator's organization is not in the Organization Look-up, use the Address Request.