- Academic Affairs
- Administration and Finance
- Center for Health and Homeland Security
- Center for Information Technology Services
- Communications and Public Affairs
- Community Engagement
- Government Affairs
- Human Resource Services
- Office of Philanthropy
- Operations and Planning
- Police and Public Safety
- President's Office
- Research and Development
- University Counsel
Information required to save a new proposal:
1. Proposal Type
2. Lead Unit: Once selected and saved in a proposal, the Lead Unit cannot be changed.
- The Lead Unit selected for the proposal must be the PI's department where they hold their academic appointment.
- If the PI is in a Center, check the Key Personnel tab, PI's Unit Details panel. Add the Center if it is missing.
3. Activity Type: This selection, along with the sponsor type, drives the F&A rate that is applied to your proposal budget. The activity type affects the questionnaires associated with your proposal. The activity types for corporate-funded proposals assure that the proposal correctly routes for approvals in the Center for Clinical Trials and Corporate Contracts (CCT).
4. Sponsor Code: If your sponsor is not in the Sponsor Look-up, request a new Sponsor using the Address Request
5. Project Start Date
6. Project End Date
8. Performance sites: At least one performance site must be entered under the Organization/Location panel, Performance Sites subpanel. Performance Sites are locations other than proposed subrecipients where investigators will perform project work. The building address is sufficient - more detail such as room number is not needed.
List UMB locations as Performance Sites. Also list other organization addresses here if no subaward funds are requested for the other organization - an address for a non-UMB person is acceptable since the person's name, email and phone do not show when the Performance Sites form is printed.
To search for UMB sites in Kuali Coeus: in the Address Book search, enter UMB in the Last Name field. The On- and Off-Campus Buildings spreadsheet lists the Address Book ID for commonly used performance sites.
The Congressional District is a required field for Federal grant submissions. Performance sites in the area on and close to campus should use MD-007. For other sites, use the 9-digit zip code to search for the Congressional District. To enter the congressional district,
- Open the Congressional Districts sub-panel
- Select the State
- Enter the district (3 digits; example: 007)
- Click the Add button to the right of the sub-panel
- Save proposal
Other information on the Proposal Details tab
This information is not required to save the proposal, but is to be included prior to routing.
Sponsor Deadline Date: Enter the date the proposal is due. If UMB will be a subrecipient on a proposal, enter the date the proposal is needed by the prime applicant.
Other Organizations: This subpanel identifies universities and other collaborating organizations participating as subrecipients. If subaward funds are requested for the other organization, it must be listed under the Organization/Location panel, Other Organizations subpanel. Request a new Subrecipient (Other Organization)