- Academic Affairs
- Administration and Finance
- Center for Health and Homeland Security
- Center for Information Technology Services
- Communications and Public Affairs
- Development and Alumni Relations
- Government Affairs
- Human Resource Services
- Office of Community Engagement
- Operations and Planning
- Office of the President
- Police and Public Safety
- Research and Development
- University Counsel
Search Windows and Searching
General tips for searching in Kuali Coeus
Kuali Coeus intentionally limits search results. Usually search results are limited to the first 50 found by the system. You will need to narrow the search by entering additional information into the search fields.
- For larger amounts of data, e.g., all results for a prolific investigator, or all results for a department, use Coeus RAVEN.
Scroll down to see your search results.
Use the *asterisk*: Get in the habit of using an asterisk on each side of your search term. Example: *jones*
- This is particularly important when searching by investigator name, since Coeus legacy data and current Kuali Coeus data are configured differently.
- It is also helpful when searching for a sponsor or organization. Example: *hopkins*
If you will need to return to your search results, right click to open the selection. This will open the selection in a new tab, and your search results will still be there for you in the other tab.
Searching for a UMB Performance Site? Enter UMB in the Last Name field of the Address Book look-up window.
When searching for a proposal:
- Use the “Search Proposals” link on the Researcher tab OR
- Use the magnifying glass button next to Proposal Development on the Unit tab
To search for addresses or sponsors when you are not creating a proposal:
- Select the Unit tab in Kuali Coeus. In the right column, select Address Book. Use this search to find non-UMB persons or performance sites. Hint: To find UMB performance sites, enter UMB in the Last Name field of the Address Book look-up.
- Select the Unit tab in Kuali Coeus. In the right column, select Sponsor look-up. View the result and click within it to see the Sponsor's address. As a rule, this address will be the headquarters or sponsored projects office address.
- To add a new non-UMB person, Sponsor or Subrecipient in Kuali Coeus, submit the Address Request.