- ISLSI Celebrates Diversity All Year Long!
Join us as we celebrate various nationally recognized history/heritage months.
Also check out our Cultural Enrichment programs.
- Hispanic Heritage Month:
September 15 -
- October is LGBT History Month
- Celebrate American Indian Heritage Month this November
- Take Part in the Black History Month Celebrations during February
- Let's Honor the Contributions of Women during Women's History Month (March)
- Veteran Service Initiatives
UMB is committed to become a premiere professional institution that welcomes students from the military community.
>> Learn more
- UMB is proud to celebrate National Arab American Heritage Month for the first time in April 2014!
- Take a break from finals in May to recognize Asian American/Pacific Islander Heritage Month
We provide programs that foster an environment of diversity and inclusion.
Cultural competence has been added to the PSLI curriculum. Learn more about your perception of culture and develop skills to help you increase your working competency with those different from yourself.
The deadline to apply for PSLI is Friday, Sept. 12.
Safe Space Training
Safe Space is a national program that identifies LGBTQ-friendly faculty, staff, and students. The Safe Space training workshop provides information about how to be a supportive ally to LGBTQ students and colleagues.
Please click here to request a Safe Space Training.