The UMB Community Engagement Center is located at 870 W. Baltimore St.
The University of Maryland, Baltimore and its partners are passionate about research engaging the community. Communities include local health providers, community-based organizations, disease advocacy groups, nonprofit or industry entities engaged in translational research (bringing research discoveries to the community), and other local or national communities.
Engaging patients and communities as active partners in the full spectrum of translational research ...
- Identifies community health needs and priorities
- Provides input on relevant research questions
- Contributes to appropriate research design and methods
- Developes culturally sensitive and ethical proposals
- Enhances the recruitment and retention of research participants
- Implements and disseminates research findings more effectively
Successful community engagement ...
- Promotes communities as full partners
- Values and respects all stakeholders, rewarding them for their time and expertise
- Increases public support for research
- Improves the health and well-being of the Baltimore community and beyond
We strive to provide the public and our researchers with the information, tools, and resources they need to connect and be full, successful partners.