- Academic Affairs
- Administration and Finance
- Center for Health and Homeland Security
- Center for Information Technology Services
- Communications and Public Affairs
- Office of Philanthropy
- Government Affairs
- Human Resource Services
- Office of Community Engagement
- Operations and Planning
- Office of the President
- Police and Public Safety
- Research and Development
- University Counsel
Tuition Remission for Graduate Research Assistants and Fellows
1. What tuition benefits are available for GRA’s?
- If the GRA is employed at 33% FTE, they are eligible for 10 credit hours of tuition remission.
- If the GRA is employed at 17% FTE, they are eligible for 5 credit hours of tuition remission.
2. Are any provisions made for summer sessions for Graduate Research Assistants?
No, per the graduate assistant policies and guidelines, summer sessions are not available through tuition remission. Contact the graduate school for additional information.
3. What tuition benefits are available for Fellows?
- If the Post Doctoral Fellow is 100% FTE, they are eligible for up to 8 credit hours of tuition remission.
- If they are employed at less than 100% FTE, the number of credit hours will be prorated accordingly (e.g., 50% FTE = 4 credit hours allowed)
4. Are there restrictions on which campuses Research Graduate Assistants and Fellows can attend?
Yes. UMB, UMBC & UMCP are the only campuses that accept tuition remission for Graduate Research Assistants and Fellows. Contact the UMB Benefits Office for further information prior to applying.
5. Are family members of Graduate Research Assistants and Fellows eligible for tuition benefits?