UM Hispanic Association of Nursing Students
August 2nd, 2004 / 1pm / Room 318
2. Update from the National Association of Hispanic Nurses Conference
Jessica explaining her Poster that was presented at this year's NAHN Conference in Las Vegas.
3. New Student Orientations: BSN Students 8/19; RN-BSN/MS Students 8/17
4. Back to School Happy Hour at Little Havana Restaurante y Cantina, 1325 Key Highway, Baltimore, MD
5. SALUD Workshops (http://www.jhu.edu/salud) - perhaps in October and November
6. Plans for Hispanic Heritage Month (September 15 to October 14) Movie Nights?
7. Baltimore City Health Department and the Syphilis Elimination Project needs Volunteers. Contact Rosa Maria Gonzalez at firstname.lastname@example.org
8. Breakthrough to Nursing Program with UMANS (Teaching young people about the career of Nursing). Contact Sara Donaldson at email@example.com or Mairen Holland at firstname.lastname@example.org
9. Shadowing Opportunities
10. Website update
11. Scholarships (you can view them here.)
12. Regular meeting times for the Fall Semester will be the 2nd Monday of every month from 11-1.
13. Officers: President - Jessica
Vice President and Shady Grove Representative - Pam
Secretary - Rick
Treasurer - Seferina
Graduate Student Liason - Dora