- Academic Affairs
- Administration and Finance
- Center for Health and Homeland Security
- Center for Information Technology Services
- Communications and Public Affairs
- Office of Philanthropy
- Government Affairs
- Human Resource Services
- Office of Community Engagement
- Operations and Planning
- Office of the President
- Police and Public Safety
- Research and Development
- University Counsel
Link UMB campus to global and local communities.
Facilitate scholarship, service, and learning both locally and globally
Translate local and global scholarship into practice and social change
Generate knowledge through local and global collaboration
The Centers facilitate:
Faculty & student scholarships
Joint Forums and workshops
- President's Sympsium Community Engagement Speaker Series has launched! Find out dates for the series here.
- “One World/One Classroom: Linking Global and Local Education” a workshop at the Consortium of Universities in Global Health (CUGH) March conference and followed up with a Roundtable at UMB in fall, 2015. Read the CUGH Preconference Framework for more information
Joint Interprofessional Programming
- New Peace Corps Fellows Program for campus being developed. Check out current Peace Corps Fellows program for Social Work here.
- The “Spanish for Health Professions Providers” program is being piloted this fall for UMB schools. This student training program focuses on building language and culture skills in order to deliver high quality and personalized health related care to the Spanish-speaking local populations.
- Through a partnership with Haifa University in Israel, the UMB centers work with the University of Maryland Schools of Social Work, Law, Nursing, and Pharmacy to social justice and health from local and global perspectives. Stidents and faculty from both universities participate in Israel and Baltimore. See further description here.
Faculty research & scholarship
Supplemental edition of the Journal of Law, Medicine & Ethics, (Volume 42, Number 4) based on the successful UMB, October 2013, Roundtable on interprofessional global health education, will be available, Winter, 2014.
- To see expanded list of publications and presentations go here.