- Academic Affairs
- Administration and Finance
- Center for Health and Homeland Security
- Center for Information Technology Services
- Communications and Public Affairs
- Development and Alumni Relations
- Government Affairs
- Human Resource Services
- Office of Community Engagement
- Operations and Planning
- Office of the President
- Police and Public Safety
- Research and Development
- University Counsel
Loan Collections & Repayments
- Loan Programs
- Collection Assistance
- Exit Interviews for Graduating Students
- Frequently Requested Information
The University of Maryland, Baltimore administers several institutional loan programs:
The Federal Perkins Loan is available to qualifying students in most UMB programs. Interest does not accrue and payments are not required while enrolled at least 1/2 time student status, during the nine-month grace period provided, or within periods of eligible deferment. Interest accrues at 5.0% annually while in repayment.
The Federal Nursing Loan (FNL) is available to qualifying students in the undergraduate and graduate level Nursing Programs. Interest does not accrue and payments are not required while enrolled at least 1/2 time in a Nursing Program, during the nine-month grace period provided, or within periods of eligible deferment. Interest accrues at 5.0% annually while in repayment.
The Health Professions Loan (HPSL) is available to qualifying students in the Dental and Pharmacy Programs. Interest does not accrue and payments are not required while registered full time in a Health Profession Program, while in the twelve-month grace period provided or within periods of eligible deferment. Interest accrues at 5.0% annually while in repayment.
The Primary Care Loan (PCL) is available to qualifying medical students with a requirement that they train and practice in primary care. Interest does not accrue and payments are not required while registered full time, while in the twelve-month grace period provided, or within periods of eligible deferment. Interest accrues at 5.0% annually while in repayment.
In addition to the above federal programs, the University also administers several private donor loans that have varying terms and conditions.
For information on applying for one of the above loans, or applying for Stafford Loans, please contact the Office of Student Financial Assistance and Education at (410) 706-7347, or stop by their office at 601 W. Lombard Street, Suite 221.
If you received Federal Perkins, Federal Nursing, Health Professions, Primary Care, or one of our various private donor loans, while attending the University of Maryland, Baltimore, the University is your LENDER.
Our mailing address is:
UMB/Financial Services/Loan Collections
601 W. Lombard Street, Suite 206
Baltimore, MD 21201
The University utilizes a billing agent, ECSI, to generate monthly billing statements to our borrowers. Through the ECSI website: http://www.heartlandecsi.com/ you can view your UMB student loan account, update address and phone information, verify account balances, obtain loan payoff amounts, access deferment forms, sign up for electronic billing and make your payments. As always, please contact the University directly, at the numbers above, with any questions or special concerns regarding your account.
- For Subsidized, Unsubsidized, and Graduate Plus Student loan exit interviews please contact Student Financial Assistance & Education at 410-706-7347, or email@example.com.
- For UMB Perkins, Health Professions, Nursing, Nurse Faculty, Primary Care, and University Private loans please refer to the following information:
- If you will either be graduating or you are not registered for the required minimum credits for the current semester, you will soon go into repayment on your loan and must complete an exit interview.
- It is a requirement for all students who have borrowed Federal Loans to complete this exit-counseling requirement. Exit interviews provide a complete explanation of repayment, deferment and cancellation privileges that pertain to your particular student loan.
- To complete an On-Line Exit Interview for your UMB Loan, please access ECSI's Website at https://borrower.ecsi.net/
If you have any questions regarding your UMB Loans or the exit interview process, please feel free to contact UMB Student Loan Collections at 410-706-6574, or ECSI at 1-888-549-3274; https://heartland.ecsi.net/index.main.html#/contactus.
Where are my student loans?
National Student Loan Database System (NSLDS)
For Title IV loan information:
Please note! NSLDS does not reflect loan information for Health Professions, Primary Care, Federal Nursing Loans or any privately funded educational loans.
Free credit reports are available through:
The Central Source www.annualcreditreport.com
U.S. Department of Education-Borrower Assistance
Department of the Ombudsman
Health Resources & Services Administration/Division of Student Assistance
Loan repayment information: 1-877-464-4772
Maryland State Scholarship Board- Janet L. Hoffman
Loan Assistance Repayment Program 410-260-4569