- Academic Affairs
- Administration and Finance
- Center for Health and Homeland Security
- Center for Information Technology Services
- Communications and Public Affairs
- Community Engagement
- Government Affairs
- Human Resource Services
- Office of Philanthropy
- Operations and Planning
- Police and Public Safety
- President's Office
- Research and Development
- University Counsel
Internet Airline Tickets
Purchasing Airline Tickets Over the Internet
Follow the steps below to purchase airline tickets for authorized University travel over the internet.
1. Complete an Out-of State Travel Request form and obtain all required approvals.
2. Shop the internet for the best fares. Check the major air carriers and/or use only reputable third-party discount sites. Do not participate in auction sites. Be careful of the "fine print" and note that many tickets are changeable only with a fee and/or are non-refundable.
3. Call one of the two University travel agencies and see if they can match or beat the best internet price that you were able to locate. Be careful to note any fees or other charges when comparing prices. Both contract travel agencies charge a $12 fee per printed ticket. Many internet sites also charge fees that may be significant.
4. If you decide to purchase your tickets over the internet, you must use a personal credit card.
5. Complete an Expense Statement form for reimbursement of the airline ticket only and attach a printed receipt, an itinerary, or other satisfactory proof that the ticket has been purchased. Submit the form through the normal channels.
6. Upon completion of your trip, complete an additional Expense Statement form for all other reimburseable expenses.
Please be sure you have your University travel pre-approved before purchasing any tickets. Failure to do so will result in you being personally responsible for any cancellation penalties or other costs.