Federal Work Study Employment, through Federal government funding, provides eligible students with the opportunity to work on or off campus and earn funds as an alternative to loan debt. Students must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) to qualify. Students can obtain positions both on and off campus for work study and non-work study employment. Work Study pay ranges from $10-$17/hour.
Federal Work Study Announcement
2012-2013 Spring Work Study will end on Saturday, May 4, 2013.
2013-2014 Summer Work Study will begin on Sunday, June 2 with the exception of Post Doc Dental students. Summer Work Study for Post Doc Dental students will begin on Monday, July 1, 2013.
Please note that the 20 hour work rule is in effect. Students are only permitted to work 20 hours a week.
What is Work Study?
Orientation & Forms For Students
Starting Academic Year 2011-2012 Federal Work Study Students can hold only one position.
- Before you Begin Working (Federal Work Study Procedures)
- Student Work Study Orientation (PowerPoint)
- Awarding Federal Work-Study
Orientation & Forms For Supervisors
- Supervisor Work Study Orientation (PowerPoint)
- Supervisor Student Request Form 2013-2014
- Job Certification
- Off Campus Time Sheet Procedures for Supervisors
- On Campus Time Sheet Procedures for Supervisors
- Off-Campus Community Service Participation Agreement
- Off-Campus Non Profit Participation Agreement
Effective July 1, 2010, the CPB will no longer print the direct deposit pay advices (DDPA) for distribution to employees. Therefore, it is essential for all Direct Deposit employees currently receiving their printed copy of the direct deposit pay advice to sign up for electronic delivery via the Payroll Online Service Center (POSC) from the CPB website. Please click here for instructions on how to sign up using the POSC. If employees need historical pay advice information, they can retrieve the information from the POSC. It offers the most current 12 months of pay advice information to employees using direct deposit.
Apply for Jobs
Please click here for a listing of available Federal Work Study jobs.
Click here for instructions on how to use the electronic time sheets.
- FWS for the Spring 2012 Semester ends on 5/5/12
- FWS for Post Doc Dental students begin on 7/2/12
- Summer FWS will start 6/3 for Academic Year 2012-2013
- Fall FWS will start 8/12 for Academic Year 2012-2013
Payroll packets can be obtained from the Office of Student Financial Assistance & Education or can be printed and brought in.