State scholarships are available to students who are classified as residents of Maryland state by the Office of the Registrar. Maryland residents enrolled in M.D., DDS, J.D., Pharm.D., MSW or Nursing MS degrees at UMB should apply for these scholarships in addition to filing a FAFSA by February 28.
MHEC awards the following:
- Senatorial Scholarship
- Delegate Scholarship
- Edward T. Conroy Memorial Scholarship
-2013-2014 Information Sheet
- Janet L. Hoffman Loan Repayment Plan
- Loan Assistance Repayment Primary Care Services
- Maryland Dent-Care Loan Assistance Repayment Plan
- Nurse Support Program II - Graduate Nursing Faculty Scholarship and Living Expenses Grant
- Tuition Reduction for Non-Resident Nursing Students
- Veterans of the Afghanistan and Iraq Conflicts Scholarship
- Workforce Shortage Student Assistance Grant Program
You may access the state scholarship web site for more information regarding those scholarships listed above or for other state scholarship programs.
Graduate & Professional School Scholarship
UMB receives funding from MHEC to fund the Graduate & Professional School Scholarship. Applications for this program will be available on our website from February 1st until the last Friday in February. Applications must be received by Student Financial Assistance & Education no later than close of business on February 28.
Students enrolled for the following degree programs and who are paying instate tuition should submit an application for consideration: DDS, JD, MD, MSW, MSN and Pharm.D.