- Academic Affairs
- Administration and Finance
- Center for Health and Homeland Security
- Center for Information Technology Services
- Communications and Public Affairs
- Community Engagement
- Government Affairs
- Human Resource Services
- Office of Philanthropy
- Operations and Planning
- Police and Public Safety
- President's Office
- Research and Development
- University Counsel
Radioactive Materials Procurement
The acquisition of radioactive materials by purchase, transfer, or as a gift requires the prior approval of the Radiation Safety Office. Unless otherwise approved by the Radiation Safety Committee, all radioactive materials destined for the University are received by the Radiation Safety Office. All arriving radioactive materials are evaluated for contamination and the necessary information is entered into a campuswide inventory database.
Procurement of radioactive material
- Authorized user must contact EHS and obtain a control number before ordering material. Orders received without a control number will be returned to the vendor.
- All radioactive material orders are to be delivered to EHS at 714 West Lombard St., Baltimore, MD 21201. Package labels must indicate the authorized user's name or control number or they will be returned to the vendor.
- EHS will process the package upon arrival and notify the lab that it is ready to be picked up.
Transfer of radioactive material from the University to other recipients
The shipper of radioactive material must notify the Radiation Safety Officer of the proposed transfer and provide evidence that the recipient is licensed by the NRC, an agreement state and/or the relevant regulatory authority to receive that radioactive material. The radioactive material must be delivered to the Radiation Safety Officer along with a description of the article, such as the nature of radionuclides, the chemical form, the quantity (activity), the name, address, license number, and phone number of the addressee.
Transfer of radioactive materials between authorized users
Radioactive materials can be transferred between authorized users with prior approval from the Radiation Safety Officer.