- Academic Affairs
- Administration and Finance
- Center for Health and Homeland Security
- Center for Information Technology Services
- Communications and Public Affairs
- Office of Philanthropy
- Government Affairs
- Human Resource Services
- Office of Community Engagement
- Operations and Planning
- Office of the President
- Police and Public Safety
- Research and Development
- University Counsel
Portable radiation survey instruments are required to be calibrated before first use (usually done at the factory), following repair of the instrument, and on an annual basis. The instrument should be labeled with a calibration sticker indicating the due date for calibration.
Radiation Safety provides calibration services for authorized users. Payment in the form of a completed UMB/EHS Inter-departmental Billing Form must accompany the instrument due for calibration.
|The costs of calibration are as follows:|
|Basic Calibration (per instrument with one probe):||$35.00|
|Each additional probe:||$10.00|
|Replacement Batteries:||$ 5.00|
|Repairs/Parts:||$Cost + 10%|
Note: Instruments that need to be calibrated in dose rate (MR/h) or that cannot be calibrated by our office must be sent away for calibration. In these cases, there is a $25.00 shipping cost per instrument added to the price of calibration.
BRING TO EHS – RADIATION SAFETY DEPARTMENT
Bring with you the following, for your Survey Instrument to be calibrated:
- Survey Instrument
- UMB/EHS Inter-departmental Billing Form
- REMINDER – Make a COPY of the UMB/EHS INTER-DEPARTMENTAL Billing form BEFORE bringing your Survey Instrument over to be calibrated.
If you have any questions, please contact Radiation Safety at 6-7055.