Request an Accommodation
To register with the Office of Educational Support and Disability Services (ESDS) and request reasonable accommodations and support services, students need to complete a three step process.
- Complete the Disability Disclosure and Reasonable Accommodations form online by clicking here. Completion of the form will initiate a process designed to confirm that the student has disclosed that they have a disability and to identify and implement reasonable accommodations agreed upon between the student and her/his school.
- Submit appropriate documentation confirming the disability. Documentation Guidelines can be found here. Documentation should be current and will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Documentation can be sent:
- Through the Disability Disclosure and Reasonable Accommodations form as an attachment
- By attaching to an email to email@example.com
- In person to the Office of Educational Support and Disability Services located in the SMC Campus Center: 621 W. Lombard Street, Suite 302, Baltimore, MD 21201
- By fax to 410-706-2865
- Meet with ESDS staff for an initial appointment to discuss barriers to access, accommodations, and services that the student may need. Students may schedule an appointment by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 410-706-5889.
Once the process is complete, the student will be notified via email that their approved accommodations letter is ready. The letter does not reveal the nature of the disability. The student can log in to their account to download, save, and/or print their approved accommodations letter. The student can then provide the letter to the faculty member or others who will be involved in the process of coordinating and implementing their accommodations.
Questions: Please contact the Office of Educational Support and Disability Services at 410-706-5889. Hearing impaired students may call the Maryland Relay Service by dialing 711 in Maryland or 800-735-2258 elsewhere.