- Academic Affairs
- Administration and Finance
- Center for Health and Homeland Security
- Center for Information Technology Services
- Communications and Public Affairs
- Development and Alumni Relations
- Government Affairs
- Human Resource Services
- Office of Community Engagement
- Operations and Planning
- Office of the President
- Police and Public Safety
- Research and Development
- University Counsel
Click the center of the cover to view the first issue of UMB Spotlight: Focus on Philanthropy.
Great universities play a unique role in shaping the future of society, not just in this state or country, but around the world. Historically, the students, faculty, and staff of UMB have contributed their expertise and talent to the surrounding communities, both locally and globally.
Our urban setting creates many opportunities for model partnerships, analysis of the critical problems confronting cities, and the design and testing of new approaches to urban revitalization, patient care, and other human and health services. Community involvement in all its multifaceted forms has become the hallmark of UMB's faculty and students.
Since our founding 200 years ago, UMB has maintained a proud tradition of making lives better through education, research, patient care, social justice, and community service.
Support from the foundation community is critical for UMB to continue providing the most advanced clinical care, conducting innovative research, shaping tomorrow's policies, and educating the next generation of dentists, lawyers, nurses, pharmacists, physicians, social workers, and scientists.
UMB's work with underserved populations in the Baltimore area and around the world provide health care, legal aid, social work and outreach, and leadership development opportunities is dependent on the aid we receive from foundations.
Foundations collaborate with UMB in many ways, including:
- Shaping health policy by providing research, data, and expertise
- Helping faculty develop start-up research projects, which are used to collect data for successful grant applications
- Provide teaching fellowships and student scholarships
- Endow professorships
- Fund the expansion of laboratories and community-based outreach services
To learn more about how your foundation can work with UMB to achieve your goals, please contact the Office of Corporate & Foundation Relations.