- Academic Affairs
- Administration and Finance
- Center for Health and Homeland Security
- Center for Information Technology Services
- Communications and Public Affairs
- Community Engagement
- Government Affairs
- Human Resource Services
- Office of Philanthropy
- Operations and Planning
- Police and Public Safety
- President's Office
- Research and Development
- University Counsel
Electronic Document Management
Advice and Tips for Storing Files Electronically
An established organizational scheme for your shared electronic documents allows for the simple arrangement of files and their easy retrieval. It increases accuracy, saves storage space, and facilitates efficient exchange of shared or working documents. As your department begins to implement an electronic document management system there are several important considerations.
- Review the University of Maryland, Baltimore’s Data Retention-Archival Policy.
- Designate an e-workspace coordinator and create a general maintenance schedule.
- Use the University File Naming Convention.
- Integrate Document Imaging With ImageNow as part of a document management system and create digital files cabinets.
Common File Types
- Web pages: .html, .shtml, .htm, .asp, .php, etc.
- Images: .png, .jpg, .jpeg, .gif, etc.
- PDF: .pdf
- MS Word: .doc, .docx
- MS Excel: .xls, .xlxs
- MS Powerpoint: .ppt, .pptx
- Text: .txt, .text, .rtf, etc.
- Archive/Compressed: .zip, .rar, .tar, etc.