Graduates - be a part of the action!
Join President Perman, deans, faculty and fellow graduates for the annual academic procession from University Plaza to the 1st Mariner Arena! Please reference the map below to locate your school's meeting area.
Come For Lunch, Stay for Procession!
Grab lunch with your classmates, friends, and family before commencement. Food trucks will line the streets along Plaza Park from 11 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
1:00 p.m. - Graduates and faculty will gather at the east end of University Plaza.
• Students and faculty are asked to congregate with their school. See the map below.
• Come dressed in your regalia and sensible "walking shoes." Please leave all bags or purses with a family member to ensure easy entry to the Arena.
• The procession will take place RAIN or SHINE - after all, everyone has to walk to the Arena anyway!
1:15 p.m. - The procession will begin promptly at 1:15 p.m. for the short walk to the Arena. This will ensure that everyone arrives at the Arena no later than 1:30 p.m. in order to line up by school to march into the ceremony.
• Participants will walk along the south side of Baltimore Street.
• Campus police will escort the procession to the Arena, with added security at each of the three intersections.
• Feel free to join the procession along the route if you cannot join us at University Plaza.
Commencement begins promptly at 2 p.m. at the 1st Mariner Arena. The live procession will be shown on the "big screen" during the ceremony. You will leave by 4 p.m. with diploma in hand!