- Academic Affairs
- Administration and Finance
- Center for Health and Homeland Security
- Center for Information Technology Services
- Communications and Public Affairs
- Development and Alumni Relations
- Government Affairs
- Human Resource Services
- Office of Community Engagement
- Office of the President
- Police and Public Safety
- Research and Development
- University Counsel
Graduates - Be a Part of the Action! Join President Perman, deans, faculty and fellow graduates for the annual academic procession from University Plaza to the Royal Farms Arena! Please reference the map below to locate your school's meeting area.
Come for the Party, Stay for the Procession
Join Dr. Perman, your fellow graduates, and their families for Party in the Park!
UMB Plaza Park
Friday, May 15
11:30 a.m. – 1:15 p.m.
New this year – UMB is celebrating Commencement with a party prior to the Academic Procession to Royal Farms Arena. Enjoy free food, music, and fun activities - the Oriole Bird and Poe will make an appearance! Food trucks will be also be onsite with a limited number of discounted vouchers for graduates. Seating will be available for graduates and their guests and no tickets are required. Come hang out with your fellow graduates before the Universitywide commencement! This event is for graduates and their guests only.
1 p.m. - Graduates and faculty will gather at the east end of University Plaza.
- Students and faculty are asked to congregate with their school. See the map below.
- Come dressed in your regalia and sensible "walking shoes." Please leave all bags or purses with a family member to ensure easy entry to the Arena.
- The procession will take place RAIN or SHINE - after all, everyone has to walk to the Arena anyway!
1:15 p.m. - The procession will begin promptly at 1:15 p.m. for the short walk to the Arena. This will ensure that everyone arrives at the Arena no later than 1:30 p.m. in order to line up by school to march into the ceremony.
- Participants will walk along the south side of Baltimore Street.
- Campus police will escort the procession to the Arena, with added security at each of the three intersections.
- Feel free to join the procession along the route if you cannot join us at University Plaza.
Commencement begins promptly at 2 p.m. at Royal Farms Arena. You will leave by 4 p.m. with diploma in hand!
Plaza Park Map
Download the Plaza Park Procession Map