- Academic Affairs
- Administration and Finance
- Center for Health and Homeland Security
- Center for Information Technology Services
- Communications and Public Affairs
- Development and Alumni Relations
- Government Affairs
- Human Resource Services
- Office of Community Engagement
- Office of the President
- Police and Public Safety
- Research and Development
- University Counsel
The University of Maryland will hold its University-wide commencement exercise on Friday, May 15, 2015, at 2 p.m. at the Royal Farms Arena (201 W. Baltimore St.). Doors to the arena will open at 1 p.m. for guests. Graduates are encouraged to participate in the University procession beginning at 1:15 p.m. from the Plaza Park to the Royal Farms Arena, along with President Perman, deans, and faculty from all schools. Tickets are not required. The exercise will last no longer than two hours. Diplomas will be distributed at the conclusion of the ceremony.
Assembly Instructions for Graduates at Royal Farms Arena
- Candidates should be in the Arena assembly area by 1:30 p.m.
- Candidates should enter the main entrance of Royal Farms Arena on Baltimore Street and follow the signs directing you to your degree assembly area. Only candidates are permitted to enter this area.
- Once the ceremony has ended, proceed with your fellow graduates to the appropriate diploma station as directed by your school marshal.
Genetic Counseling (MGC)
Law (JD) (LLM)
Medical Technology (BS)
Public Health (MPH)
Physical Therapy (DPT) (DScPT)
Dental Hygiene (BS)
Graduate (PhD) (MS)
Nursing (DNP) (BSN)
Social Work (MSW)
Additional Information for Graduates and Guests
- Facilities are available to change into academic regalia at the arena. Male candidates for the master's degree should wear a long sleeve white shirt since there are only partial sleeves in the master's gown.
- Do not leave personal items under your chair during the exercise, as you might not return to the same seat after crossing the stage.
- Backpacks and large parcels are not permitted in the arena. Purses, briefcases, etc. are subject to inspection by arena staff.
- Consumption of alcoholic beverages is prohibited while participating in commencement exercises at Royal Farms Arena.
- Lost-and-found information desks are located in the main lobby of the arena. A first-aid station is located on the lower concourse.
If you or one of your guests requires a wheelchair, you must provide your own and take full responsibility for it while at the event. The University of Maryland and Royal Farms Arena do not accept responsibility for the security of any personal items, including wheelchairs and other assistive devices.
To inquire about assistance for persons with disabilities, please contact Royal Farms Arena:Royal Farms Arena Box Office: 410-347-2020