On this page:
- Coeus User Request form - request to add, delete or change roles of a Coeus user
- New Sponsor Request form - request that a new Sponsor be added in Coeus
- Subcontractor Request form - request that a new Subcontractor organization or non-UMB performance site be added in Coeus
- Cost Sharing Approval form
- Participating Department Approvals and DRIF Sharing form
- Information about participating department approvals
- PHS form 398 and 2590 - these forms are available in Coeus, please see printing instructions.
- Understand Coeus Users' roles and recommended training.
- Coeus Icons Reference - Basic information about the icons on each toolbar in Proposal Development
- Guide to Proposal Activity Types
Adding a non-UMB organization as a Performance Site: When you add the address for subcontracting institutions to the Organization tab, you must select "Other Organization" from the dropdown menu. This step is key to populating the DUNS number field. If you choose "Performance Site" (which is the term used in the 424 instructions) then the DUNS number field is left blank on the NIH Performance Sites form in Grants.gov. Detailed information about adding a non-UMB organization on the Organization tab in Coeus.
Attempt your link to Grants.gov early in the proposal development process. ORD continues to review and test forms that are made available in Coeus. I If the forms for that agency or for that Funding Opportunity Announcement are not supported in Coeus, you will get a warning message to the effect that some required forms are not available. The proposal must be routed for internal approvals via Coeus, but the application forms will need to be downloaded from the Grants.gov Funding Opportunity Announcement, completed, and sent to SPA for review and submission. Contact your SPA Team for assistance.
Do not link to Grants.gov if UM is the subrecipient. Link to Grants.gov only if we are the prime applicant, submitting directly to Grants.gov
How to “unlink” a proposal: If you link to Grants.gov and need to make a change – correction of the FOA number, for example – you must first “unlink” to Grants.gov and then you can link as usual. To “unlink” the proposal, go to Action -> Grants.gov. Click the Delete Opportunity button. Coeus will ask if you want to delete the selected opportunity – respond “Yes”. The Grants.gov link will be removed.
- Link to NIH instructions: SF424 (R&R) Application and Electronic Submission Information
- Subaward Budget Form (Adobe Forms version) for NIH submissions WARNING: Open file with Adobe Reader ONLY. NOTE: This is the current version of the Subaward Budget Form. This version is extracted from the current Adobe Forms B2.
- Grants.gov information about Adobe Reader required for Adobe Forms submissions and compatible versions
- Checklist of narrative attachments for NIH Proposals (other than proposals for K awards) - Adobe_Forms_B
- NIH Table of Page Limits
- Checklist of narrative attachments for NIH K award proposals (Career Development Award) - Adobe_Forms_B
- Create NIH Modular Budgets in Coeus
NSF Grants.gov Proposals - NSF forms instructions
- Preparing a proposal to be submitted to Grants.gov (rev 3/09)
- Preparing a proposal for submission through an electronic system other than Grants.gov (rev 3/09)
- Preparing a proposal to be submitted to sponsor as a paper (hard copy) document (rev 2/09)
- Routing a corporate clinical trial agreement (rev 10/08)
- Preparing a transfer application (for faculty transferring to UMB)
- Preparing a Multiple Principal Investigator application
Refreshers – Training Course Materials
Job Aids for various roles and tasks within Coeus
Coeus Faculty Seminar: "What is Coeus? What will it do for me?" (Powerpoint document)
Presented monthly from May through November 2007, attendees of these sessions have been introduced to Coeus with a demonstration of the application as well as information about why Coeus was chosen, how it will support investigators who are preparing and routing applications, and when they can expect to begin using Coeus.