Java Runtime Environment (JRE) version version 6.0.38 (188.8.131.52) or higher is currently required to use Coeus. Please contact your Administrator or IT support team for assistance with verifying that you have the correct Java version installed. PC users may have more than one version of Java installed, however, be sure to remove any unneeded versions of Java to avoid memory issues. To authorize Coeus to run under Java 1.7.51 or higher:
- Go to your Control Panel (under the Start button or Windows Flag button).
- Click on the Java selection from the list of programs.
- Go under the Security tab on the Java control panel.
- Click Edit Site List button.
- Click the Add button.
- Enter https://coeusweb.umaryland.edu on the Exception Site List.
- Once entered click OK
- Click OK again to commit this change.
Install Java now:
For Mac OS X 10.6
Assuming you have the most recent version of Java and you are running Mac OS X 10.6, there are no known issues.
For Mac OS X 10.7, 10.8 and 10.9
If you have the most recent version of Java 7 and are running Mac OS X 10.7, 10.8 or 10.9, there is a small issue with Java’s security protocol and Coeus. To authorize Java 7 to run Coeus:
- Open System Preferences and click on Java
- Click the “Security” tab
- Click “Edit Site List” next to the Exception Site List field
- Click “Add” and enter https://coeusweb.umaryland.edu/coeprod/ in the Location box
- Click OK to close the Site List panel
- Click OK to close the Java panel
Please contact Colin Hunter if you have any questions.
Coeus Users Group
Slides from meeting (PDF document) - September 25, 2007
Slides from meeting (Powerpoint document) - October 17, 2007
Slides and notes from meeting (PDF document) - November 14, 2007
Meeting notes from December 11, 2007
Meeting notes from February 13, 2008
Meeting notes from September 9, 2008
Meeting notes from October 14, 2008
Meeting notes from November 11, 2008
Meeting notes from January 13, 2009
Meeting notes from February 10, 2009
Meeting notes from March 10, 2009