Other UMB Schools and Departments:
Please find the full directions for installing Mathematica 8 on a Single Machine with a Machine-specific Password here.
- Windows 7 32-bit, 64-bit
- Windows Vista 32-bit, 64-bit
- Windows XP 32-bit (requires SP2 or later), 64-bit
- Windows HPC Server 2008 64-bit
- Windows Server 2008 32-bit, 64-bit
- Windows Server 2003 32-bit, 64-bit
- Windows Computer Cluster Server 2003 64-bit
- Mac OS X 10.7 Intel 64-bit
- Mac OS X 10.6 Intel 32-bit, 64-bit
- Mac OS X 10.5 Intel 32-bit, 64-bit
- Ubuntu 7 - 10, 32-bit, 64-bit
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4, 32-bit, 64-bit
- CentOS5, 32-bit, 64-bit
- Debian 5*, 32-bit, 64-bit
- openSUSE 11, 32-bit, 64-bit
- Mathematica 8 has been fully tested on the Linux distributions listed above. On new Linux distributions, additional compatibility libraries may need to be installed. It is likely that Mathematica will run successfully on other distributions based on the Linux kernel 2.6 or later.
- Mathematica supports an X Window System front end, and since Version 7 has used the Qt application framework for its user interface—the same used by the major Linux desktop environment KDE. Regular tests are run on both enterprise and popular open-source Linux distributions.
- *Debian users will need the 32-bit compatibility library, lib32stdc++6
For additional System Requirements, visit http://www.wolfram.com/mathematica/features/system-requirements.html.