- Academic Affairs
- Administration and Finance
- Center for Health and Homeland Security
- Center for Information Technology Services
- Communications and Public Affairs
- Office of Philanthropy
- Government Affairs
- Human Resource Services
- Office of Community Engagement
- Operations and Planning
- Office of the President
- Police and Public Safety
- Research and Development
- University Counsel
Requirements and Backing Up Data
- Google Sync is only supported on Apple iOS versions 3.0 and above. You can check your current version by going to Settings > General > About > Version. If you're running an iOS before 3.0, upgrade to the latest iOS on Apple's site before setting up Google Sync.
- Perform a sync with iTunes to ensure that Contacts and Calendars from your iOS device are backed up to your computer. Learn more about backing up your Contacts and Calendars.
- If your business, school, or organization uses Google Apps, your administrator will need to have Google Sync enabled before you can take advantage of this feature. Note that after you set up Google Sync, your administrator may also have additional device management capabilities (such as remote wipe or password requirements). Click to learn more or contact your administrator.
1. Open the Settings application on your device's home screen.
2. Open Mail, Contacts, Calendars.
3. Press Add Account....
4. Select Gmail or GoogleMail.
Enter Account Info
5. In the Name field, enter your name.
6. In the Email field, enter your full GoogleApps@UMaryland email address.
7. In the Password field, enter your password.
8. In the Description field, enter "UM Google Apps".
9. Tap Next at the top of your screen.
10. Turn Mail, Calendar, and Notes on.
11. Tap Save at the top of the screen.