- Academic Affairs
- Administration and Finance
- Center for Health and Homeland Security
- Center for Information Technology Services
- Communications and Public Affairs
- Community Engagement
- Government Affairs
- Human Resource Services
- Office of Philanthropy
- Operations and Planning
- Police and Public Safety
- President's Office
- Research and Development
- University Counsel
How do I setup Duo Mobile? How do I use Duo Mobile?
It is very important to enroll more than one device to avoid problems if you lose your primary device, you do not have it with you, the battery dies, or for some other reason your primary device is not available.
To add a backup device, follow the procedures listed here - www.umaryland.edu/cits/services/duo/existing-user/.
If your account has been enabled to use Duo as the second factor, you will log in to the system as you usually do. You will then be prompted to enter the second factor.
You will be prompted to select which Device you wish to use (Android, token, etc.) and to choose an Authentication Method (Duo Push, Call Me, etc.) depending on the device and method:
- Duo Push: Duo will send a notification to the Duo app on your mobile device. You will then select Approve and Confirm.
- Call Me: Duo will call the phone number and ask you to confirm or deny your identity.
- Passcode: for more information on passcodes, visit here - www.umaryland.edu/cits/services/duo/faq/bypass-codes-and-SMS/.
Below the list of authentication methods is a check box labeled "Remember me for 10 hours." Select the check box if you want that device to be remembered for 10 hours.
Here is the Duo login as seen in a Shibboleth-protected system, like the myUMB Portal:
Here is the Duo login in Office 365, via https:\\portal.office.com, for a user who has not yet setup Duo.
Clicking on Start Setup will step you through the Enrollment process, described in greater detail here: www.umaryland.edu/cits/services/duo/enrollment/
Here is the Duo login in Office 365 for a user who has already set up Duo:
Effective March 5, 2018, the VPN client will prompt all users for Group, Username, Password, and Second Password. Options for Second Password include:
- this sends a DUO confirmation request to the DUO Mobile app on your phone or tablet
- enter the passcode generated on the DUO Mobile app or hardware token
- visit www.umaryland.edu/cits/services/duo/faq/no-duo-mobile-and-VPN/ for alternatives to the DUO Mobile app
To change the device settings for your DUO account, or to setup your DUO account for the first time, login to https://directory.umaryland.edu and click on Multi Factor Authentication.