- Academic Affairs
- Administration and Finance
- Center for Health and Homeland Security
- Center for Information Technology Services
- Communications and Public Affairs
- Office of Philanthropy
- Government Affairs
- Human Resource Services
- Office of Community Engagement
- Operations and Planning
- Office of the President
- Police and Public Safety
- Research and Development
- University Counsel
Instructions for Invitations
An invitation can be sent to other users outside of the University system to use the Accellion Secure File Transfer Appliance to send files. These users have limited access to Accellion; they can only send files to individuals at the University.
Users outside of the University system do not need an invitation to receive files.
1. Log into Accellion with your myUMID and Password.
2. To send an invitation, click on the “Invite User” button located in the upper right corner of the “Send File” screen.
NOTE: Only users with full-access to Accellion (i.e. active employees, registered students, and active affiliates) can send invitations to use Accellion. If a user does not have full-access to Accellion, the „Invite‟ Button will not be available.
3. Enter the invitee‟s email address, and click on the “Invite” button to send an invitation. If needed, you can include a personal message to the invitation.
4. The Accellion System will display a confirmation message. Click the „OK‟ button to finish the process.
NOTE: If the user already has an account, you will receive a message that the account already exists. If the user does not know their password, they can reset it using the “Forgot Password” feature on the Accellion login screen.
How to Respond to an Invitation to use Accellion
1. The invitee will receive an email message „from‟ the individual that invited them to use Accellion.
Here is an example of the text that will appear in the message.
firstname.lastname@example.org has invited you to use UM Secure File Transfer
Here's an invitation to create an account on UM Secure File Transfer.
To accept this invitation and register for your UM Secure File Transfer account, please click on this link:
<Link appears here>
The invitation link is only valid for 168 hour(s). If you are unable to verify within this time frame, please ask email@example.com to send a new invitation e-mail. (If clicking the URL in this message does not work, copy and paste the link into the address bar of your browser).
Thank you for using UM Secure File Transfer
2. To start the process to create an account for Accellion, the invitee needs to click on the link in the invitation message.
NOTE: The link in the message is only valid for valid for 1 week (or 168 hours). If the invitee does not complete the registration process in that time, you will need to resend the invitation.
3. Once the Invitee clicks on the link, they should be directed to a website where they can create their Accellion password.
The password must meet the following requirements.
- At least 6 characters in length
- At least 1 number
- At least 1 uppercase letter
4. After entering a valid password, click on the “Register” button to create the account.
5. Once the account is created the invitee will receive a confirmation page, click OK to start using Accellion.