Center for Information Technology Services
CE Steering Committee
Minutes for 9/13/2001
Attendees: Brent Nickles, Brook Botvin, Jeff Hawk, Sarita Sanjoy, Marian Jackson, Harry Debusk, Pat Dehorenzo, Kent Buckingham, and Barbara Zirkin
Continuing Education Agenda
" Defining CE: Kent Buckingham
- 3 types of continuing education: CE for Credits (re-certification, re-license), taking courses that are curriculum based CE, Self guided CE.
" What are the needs of CE, how many courses, how many expected users?
- These are questions for the CE departments at the schools. CCITI will identify the people in charge and invite them to the next CE steering meeting.
" What are the Selling Points of having CE online?
- Attract traditional students
- Public service to the state of Maryland
- Professional reputation of the University.
" What are the options for implementing?
- Another server? (most likely Intel or Solaris)
- Campus Blackboard server. (Not an option at this time)
NOTE: CCITI will discuss with Blackboard the possibility/costs of another server. Problems such as conversion of software between OS/version will be identified.
" Who is in charge of enrolling/creating courses?
Question from Harry Debusk. Most likely the schools, but we can revisit this question when the representatives will be here.