- Academic Affairs
- Accountability and Compliance
- Administration and Finance
- Center for Health and Homeland Security
- Center for Information Technology Services
- Communications and Public Affairs
- Community Engagement
- Government Affairs
- Human Resource Services
- Office of Philanthropy
- Operations and Planning
- Police and Public Safety
- President's Office
- Research and Development
- University Counsel
Update: eUMB Financials and RAVEN Downloads
December 9, 2014 | By Financial Systems
The first section of this article describes 2 workarounds for RAVEN amount fields which download to Excel in TEXT format. When amount fields download as TEXT, Excel math functions fail (Sum, Average, pivot tables, etc.). The second section of the article describes how to customize eUMB Financials by turning AutoComplete on or off for entry and search fields.
RAVEN Downloads to Excel: Workaround for amounts downloaded as TEXT format.
Numbers downloaded as TEXT format cannot be used in any math function. This is helpful when downloading data with leading heroes - such as PCBUs or Project IDs. Often this is not helpful when downloading dollar amounts. Numbers formatted as TEXT will automatically align to the left margin of the cell
The following workarounds should be used
- to format numbers downloaded as TEXT for use in math functions (such as sum or PivotTable)
- any time you use the Download button on any RAVEN page other than the Transaction Detail page.
Change Text to Number Format Using the Paste Special Command
- In any blank cell, type the value 1.
- Make sure the cell you typed 1 in is formatted as a Number.
- Select the cell in which you typed the value 1. Right click and choose Copy.
- Select the column that you want to convert to numbers. (In RAVEN this will usually be the amount column.)
- Right click and choose Paste Special.
- Under Operation, click Multiply and then click OK.
Change Text to Number Format Using the Find & Replace Feature
- Select the column to be changed from Text to Number format. (In RAVEN this will usually be the amount column.)
- Open Excel’s Find & Replace feature (Use the binoculars icon on the Excel ribbon or press CTRL and F - at the same time - on your keyboard or select Edit > Find on the menu.)
- Click the Replace tab.
- In the Find what field, enter equal and double quote: =”
- Click the Replace All button. A confirmation message displays telling you how many replacements were made. Click OK.
- Return to the Find what field. Enter just a double quote: “
- Click the Replace All button. Again, a confirmation message displays telling you how many replacements were made. Click OK.
- Save the changes to your worksheet. All of the numbers in the selected column should now work in math functions (sum, PivotTable, etc.).
If these workarounds do not work for your situation, please let us know by emailing details to email@example.com. We will follow-up with you.
Entry & Search Fields Include AutoComplete: How to Customize This Option (ON or OFF)
You may have noticed a list pop up as you enter Project IDs or other chartfields. This feature is called AutoComplete. If you like AutoComplete, you do not need to take any action. If you prefer to turn OFF AutoComplete, you have that option in eUM Financials and all of RAVEN:
- Open the application.
- On the main menu, click My Personalizations.
- Click Navigation Personalizations.
- Open the Override Value dropdown list and select No.
- Click OK.
- Your personalization is saved. Click Return on the Save Confirmation page.