Center for Information Technology Services
Coeus Evolving to Kuali Coeus
Over the next year, UMB will transition from our current Coeus system to the new Kuali Coeus system for our electronic research administration needs. We anticipate this transition to be complete in early 2014.
So, what exactly is Kuali Coeus?
- Kuali Coeus is the next evolution of electronic research administration utilizing the proven Coeus platform as its baseline design.
- Kuali Coeus has been developed by universities for universities specifically for the function of electronic research administration.
- Kuali Coeus is web-based and can be used on any computer as long as you are connected to the Internet.
And why make this change now?
- Kuali Coeus will allow UMB to stay on the cutting edge of electronic grant submission because it continues to be supported for changes in federal system-to-system grant submissions. Whereas conversely, Coeus support for these updates is being phased out and will terminate next year.
- Kuali Coeus will remove technological barriers for use because no software (e.g., Java) must be downloaded to the user’s computer.
The transition to Kuali Coeus will happen over the course of the coming year, so stay posted for more information! You are invited to check the new UMB Kuali Coeus website at http://www.umaryland.edu/kualicoeus/ at any time for the most recent news and information about the transition and targeted training.