Center for Clinical Trials and Corporate Contracts (CCT)
The CCT, a division of UMB’s Office of Research & Development (ORD), works closely with other ORD and UMB divisions to ensure that:
- clinical trial budgets properly account for Medicare and private insurance charges;
- clinical trials sponsored by government agencies, foundations and other non-profit organizations are successfully negotiated and executed by ORD’s Sponsored Programs Administration group;
- complexities and encumbrances related to UMB- and sponsor-owned intellectual property (IP) are successfully addressed by ORD’s Commercial Ventures & Intellectual Property group;
- site agreements with University of Maryland Medical Center (UMMC) and University Physicians, Inc. (UPI) are negotiated and executed, as needed;
- CTA and Research Agreement language successfully addresses:
- State of Maryland and federal laws and regulations;
- relevant UMB and sponsor policies;
- study-specific concerns
- UMB Institutional Review Board requirements, including contract language required by the Association for the Accreditation of Human Resource Protection Programs, Inc. (AAHRPP).
The CCT is organized by primary function into three groups:
CCT can assist faculty investigators with determining clinical care cost estimates and potential Medicare coverage items/services of protocol-driven clinical care. This support service is offered to faculty to help ensure budgets submitted to funding agencies include a request for sufficient funds to cover the cost of non-billable clinical care. The development of the proposed grant budget will continue to be the responsibility of the investigator and department. Faculty who would like this assistance may contact CCT at 410-706-5533 or click here and ask for a financial feasibility review of the proposed clinical research. A CCT Clinical Trial Analyst will contact you within 10 working days.
The CCT can assist sponsors in placing and completing studies by identifying experienced faculty from UMB’s diverse pool of 1,500 faculty researchers in its professional schools of Medicine, Dentistry, Nursing, and Pharmacy. UMB offers access to some of the most advanced equipment and facilities of any academic medical center in the world.
UMB has ongoing clinical trials in the areas of Anesthesiology, Diabetes, Cardiology, Dermatology, Emergency Medicine, Endocrinology, Epilepsy, Gastrointestinal Disease, Heart Disease, HIV-Adult, Huntington’s Disease, Hypertension, Infectious Disease, Multiple Sclerosis, Oncology-Adult, Ophthalmology, Parkinson’s Disease, Pediatrics, Psychiatry, Pulmonary Disease, Radiology, Renal Failure, Spinal Cord Injury, Stroke, Surgery, Transplant, Trauma, Vaccines.
To learn more about the Center for Clinical Trials and Corporate Contracts or to place a study at the University of Maryland, Baltimore, please contact a member of our highly qualified team of contract administrators and billing analysts.