The contest is open to any UMB student, faculty, staff, alumnus, and UMMC employees.
The judges and their immediate families and members of their households (whether related or not) are not eligible to participate.
- The name should reflect positively on the University
- The name should not be offensive, insulting or derogatory in nature
- In instances where the same name is submitted, the Selection Committee will select the entry with the earliest entry by time/date
- The name should be descriptive of a unversity store, UMB, and its campus
- The name must be original, not likely to cause confusion with any other similar business or enterprise, and not be the trademark, trade name or property of any other person or entity
- The Selection Committee has the authority to reject an entry it deems inappropriate
Selection of Winners
The author of the winning suggestion, chosen by the committee below, will receive a $350 gift card to the campus store. The two runner-ups will receive a $100 gift card.
Members of the selection committee will be blinded to the names associated with the entries. The selection committee will be chaired by Flavius R. Lilly, Assistant Vice President, Academic & Student Affairs. Additional members will be:
- Jim Reynolds, Assistant Vice President, Academic Affairs
- Bill Crockett, Executive Director, SMC Campus Center
- Shannon O’Connor, University Student Government Association President
- Colette Becker, Staff Senate
- Richard Manski, Faculty Senate
- Laura Kozak, Assistant Vice President, Communications and Public Affairs
- Mike Ruddock, Director of Branding, Communications and Public Affairs
- Renee Lutz, Manager, UMB Barnes & Noble Bookstore
- Chelsea David, Student Representative
- Kaitlyn O’Donnell, Student Representative
Enter as often as you wish; however, only one entry per online submission.
The winner is solely responsible for all federal, state and local taxes on the prize.
In order to win and claim the prize, the winner must execute a statement of eligibility and release, and transfer to UMB all rights to the winning submission.
By Entering this Contest
Entrants and the winner: (1) agree to be bound by the rules; (2) agree to release UMB, its employees, students, officers, agents, and affiliates, from any and all liability for any loss, harm, damages, costs or expenses, including those arising from the acceptance of the prize and claims including those based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy; and (3) the winner must consent to the use of his or her name, pictures, and likenesses for UMB’s publicity purposes without additional compensation.