Pascault Row Community Facilitator Job Description
Posted 1/17/14: The Community Facilitator (CF) is a student who is responsible for assisting the Office of Student Development and Leadership in programming for the diverse resident population of Pascault Row Apartments. The primary responsibility of the CF is to enhance residence life and bring resident students together to create a strong, vibrant on-campus community. Programs created must be tailored towards addressing the needs of residents, academically, emotionally, physically and socially. In addition, CFs will perform administrative tasks and may be required to work both evening and/or week-end hours.
- Assist with all residence life programming and administrative tasks associated with program development and implementation.
- Become familiar with University policies and procedures.
- Assist in determining what programs should focus on by conducting resident surveys, group meetings and one-on-one interviews with residents.
- Promote a sense of community throughout the residential facilities by actively encouraging student residents to plan and participate in various Residence Life programs.
- Act as a resource to other residents who may want to plan and hold programs and activities that bring residents together and create a sense of UMB community and spirit.
- Assist with the creation and implementation of a UMB Residence Life Orientation program for new residents in August.
- Commit to office coverage for approximately 5 hours per week to plan programs, facilitate lock-outs; check-ins/outs; completion of incident reports; request maintenance or custodial services; respond to emails/texts/voicemails; and post to social media on behalf of Pascault Row.
- Commit to shared weekday and weekend on-call hours in which the CF is available by telephone and is accessible in-person within 30 minutes, if needed. Total on-call time for any given month will not exceed 40 hours.
- Round in Pascault Row twice while on duty.
- Observe and report safety concerns to the appropriate university officials.
- Collectively, all CFs are responsible for contributing to the creation of electronic newsletter, which is circulated to residents once each month.
A student who accepts the role of a Community Facilitator must:
- Be in good academic standing and maintain a 3.0 GPA.
- Accept all duties and responsibilities of the position.
- Be a resident of the Pascault Row Apartments.
- Act, at all times, in a manner consistent with the role and responsibilities entrusted to them.
- Be certified in Basic Life CPR and First Aid procedures. If currently uncertified training will be provided.
- Each Community Facilitator will be awarded $300 each month for the period August 1 – May 31 to be applied to Pascault Row housing costs.