- Academic Affairs
- Administration and Finance
- Center for Health and Homeland Security
- Center for Information Technology Services
- Communications and Public Affairs
- Community Engagement
- Government Affairs
- Human Resource Services
- Office of Philanthropy
- Operations and Planning
- Police and Public Safety
- President's Office
- Research and Development
- University Counsel
Blackboard is the courseware management system at the University of Maryland, Baltimore for web-enhanced and web-based courses.
Blackboard Learn 9.1 will upgrade on July 4, 2018 to the Q4 2017 version and will be unavailable Wednesday July 4th starting at 7:00AM Eastern time. This upgrade may take as long as 12 hours to complete.
New Features with the Q4 2017 release
- Blackboard App download module on entry page.
- Blogs and Journals optimized for mobile devices.
- Student notification email for each assignment submission.
- Chemistry specific tools for the math editor.
- Improved grading with rubrics.
- Collaborate Ultra for groups.
- Overall quality and infrastructure improvements.
Blackboard is normally unavailable on the first Tuesday of each month from 9 p.m. Tuesday until 7 a.m. Wednesday (Eastern time) for system maintenance. There will be no maintenance on Tuesday July 3, 2018.
If you experience problems logging in with your UMID or password, email the IT Help Desk.
If you experience problems performing a task or accessing information:
For the best Blackboard Learn experience with your screen reader, use Firefox® and JAWS® on a Windows® system. On a Mac® use Safari® and VoiceOver. Visit the Accessibility topic to learn more about Blackboard's approach to accessible software.