- Academic Affairs
- Administration and Finance
- Center for Health and Homeland Security
- Center for Information Technology Services
- Communications and Public Affairs
- Development and Alumni Relations
- Government Affairs
- Human Resource Services
- Office of Community Engagement
- Office of the President
- Police and Public Safety
- Research and Development
- University Counsel
Blackboard Learn will be unavailable for two days over Winter Break while an upgrade is applied.
The Blackboard outage will start Saturday, December 27th at 6am and Blackboard will be available again by no later than 6am Monday, December 29th.
Blackboard is the courseware management system that the University of Maryland, Baltimore uses for web-enhanced and web-based courses.
Users log into Blackboard using their UMID and Password.
Blackboard was upgraded to 9.1 service pack 14. Some new features include:
- UMID users are now required to click the “Login with your UMID” button before authenticating
- The user interfaces for My Grades, Assignments, Discussion board, Wikis, Blogs and Journals have been updated
- Instructors have new test options and grade center features
Blackboard may be unavailable on the first Tuesday of each month from 10PM Tuesday to 6AM Wednesday (Eastern Time) for system maintenance. Additional downtimes for extended maintenance or significant upgrades will be scheduled around semester changes.
Problems with Blackboard
If you experience problems logging in with your UMID or password email the IT Help Desk.
If you experience problems performing a task or accessing information: