- American Correctional Health Services Association - Addresses correctional healthcare issues through support, education, and skill development.
- American Jail Association - Dedicated to support those who work for the jail system; also publishes a bimonthly magazine, American Jails, which covers a broad array of issues, including mental illness.
- American Probation and Parole Association - APPA is an international assoc. that explores issues relevant to the field of parole and community-based corrections, in both adult and juvenile sectors.
- Family & Corrections Network - Offers information on children of prisoners, parenting programs for prisoners, incarcerated fathers and mothers, prison marriage and more.
- International Community Corrections Association - Provides information, training, and other services to enhance the quality of services and supervision for offenders and to promote a continuum of community correctional programs.
- International Corrections and Prisons Association - Collaborates with various organizations interested in corrections and criminal justice policies.
- National Association of Blacks in Criminal Justice - Examines and acts upon needs, concerns, and contributions of African Americans and other minorities as they relate to the administration of equal justice.
- National Association of Pretrial Services Agencies - Serves as a national forum for ideas and issues in the areas of pretrial release and diversion fields.
- National Council on Crime and Delinquency - Conducts research and initiate programs and policies to reduce crime and delinquency.
- National Prison Project, American Civil Liberties Union - Focuses on rights of prisoners on various issues.