Criminal Justice - Agencies
- Bureau of Justice Assistance - Provides leadership and a wide range of assistance to local criminal justice strategies.
- Federal Bureau of Prisons - Provides online information to a wide range of prison-related topics; does include a SEARCHFIND command.
- Federal Bureau of Prisons Inmate Information - Information/locator source, which also includes telephone numbers for state correction agencies.
- U.S. Department of Justice, Office of Justice Programs, Corrections Program Office - Works in partnership with various agencies to develop, fund, and evaluate a wide range of criminal and juvenile justice programs.
- U.S. Department of Justice, Office for Victims of Crime - OVC is the primary source of crime victim information.
- U.S. Department of Education, Office for Correctional Education - Examines the impact of correctional education on recidivism.
- National Institute of Corrections - NIC provides assistance to corrections agencies nationwide in influencing policies, practice, and operations.
- State Departments of Corrections - The Corrections Connection provides weekly online source for corrections news.
- State and Local Governments
- Links to State Prisons